Unirac is a national leader in the solar PV structural mounting industry. We enable our customers to power the world with clean, abundant energy by creating dependable, innovative mounting solutions.
The Engineering Manager supports the Products team (Reporting to the Director of Product Development) and manages the day to day activities of the Product Development Engineers (on-site, remote, and offshore). The job involves the effective assignment, allocation, and deployment of PD resources against a robust product roadmap in a rapidly evolving industry. The Engineering Manager will act as a player-coach – working on projects and acting as an expert technical resource to the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign and delegate tasks and coordinate project assignments to on-site, remote, and offshore engineers
- Gauge and advance progress of numerous projects and help remove and overcome barriers to progress
- Assess resource requirements and deploy existing resources against various priorities
- Communicate effectively with direct reports, internal stakeholders, and customers
- Participate as a team member and team lead in product development projects
- Solve and provide technical guidance on engineering topics
- Train new employees
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Working proficiency in new product development processes preferred
- Proficiency in CAD and 3-D modeling preferred
- Analytical and math skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate with many other teams
- MBA or Master’s in engineering preferred
- Interpersonal skills to manage a team on engineers
- Ability to give constructive criticism
- Effective decision-making skills
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-timeContact Us
Unirac is a national leader in the solar PV structural mounting industry. You will work with one of the best solar engineering teams in the country. You will have an opportunity to work on projects throughout North America - coordinating with customers of all sizes, jurisdictions, and 3rd party engineering firms. This position is a critical role in helping our customers successfully executes their solar projects. This position is based in Boulder/Denver, full time, exempt, and offers a competitive benefits package.
- Applies structural design principles to designs mounting solutions for Unirac’s customers
- Coordinates with external third-party engineers to generate final designs and certified permit documents
- Acts as technical liaison to the sales team
- Create and maintain engineering methodologies and tools for engineering designs
- Apply building code, and custom wind study report methods, equations, and rules to engineering designs and tools
- Position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of complex tasks
- Position may lead and direct the work of junior team members and extended engineering resources
- A wide degree of creativity is expected, and latitude provided
- Interacts closely with customers to provide consulting as well as technical support on Unirac’s products
- May work with product dev. team to create and/or maintain internal and customer interactive quoting tools
- Provides product application training to customers and colleagues through phone, webinars and onsite visits
- Willing to travel (as required, 10% of time max.)
- Serve as a mentor and help improve the knowledge and skills of other Applications Engineers.
- Assist product development team with development/implementation of new products and their application to projects.
- 3 Years of experience required in structural engineering field
- 5+ years preferred
- Extensive knowledge of building code (ASCE 7, IBC, UL)
- Have experience designing or installing with a wide degree of creativity
- Experience with software tools
- Required: Excel (high proficiency), AutoCAD
- Preferred: STAAD, Inventor/SolidWorks Experience designing cold formed and hot rolled steel, aluminum, and concrete structures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with programming Visual Basic or structural engineering software (modeling) packages a plus
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (Structural)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
No special physical requirements or working conditions necessary
Director of Customer Solutions
Job Type: Full-timeContact Us
Under limited direction, facilitate the successful day-to-day operations of Manufacturing, Packaging/Shipping, and support the organization through the management of material flow and purchasing activities. Proactively manage suppliers to prevent operational disruptions.
- Analyze supplier release schedules and provide documentation and direction for shipment, including shipment dates and scheduling requirements to suppliers. Utilize MRP (Material Requirements Planning) to trigger supplier releases
- Proactively assess supplier Kanban/inventory levels and monitor backorders. Communicate with suppliers to resolve issues. Escalate to Purchasing Manager as required – before supply disruptions negatively impact Unirac operations or customer due dates
- Review purchase requisitions and place orders with approved suppliers. Prepare purchase orders, change order forms and documents
- Continuously review reports and MRP to anticipate delays in meeting the schedule, and coordinate with appropriate support groups to put in place a recovery plan if necessary
- Manage both working capital and financial risk by maximizing inventory turns and minimizing Unirac exposure to excess and obsolete materials
- Develop spreadsheets, charts and reports pertaining to requirements, inventories, and/or schedule performance
- Maintain accurate and up to date MRP data. Troubleshoot and initiate corrective actions required to resolve discrepancies in paperwork or system information to maintain accurate inventory data and functioning Kanban loops
- Support cycle count root cause analysis, assist with the reconciliation of variances, and support corrective action development and implementation
- Negotiate and settle with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments, cancellations, and engineering changes. Coordinate with Finance/Accounting to resolve invoice and payment issues
- Participate in the supplier certification process by supporting supplier performance evaluations through evaluating and rating production capability, performance, and delivery. Identify, coordinate and support performance (quality, delivery, and cost) efficiency improvements. Travel to supplier sites to conduct site visits when necessary. Support supplier audits in support of the supplier selection process
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with supply base to ensure goals and objectives are met
- 5+ years of experience in buying, production planning/scheduling, accounting support, or inventory control/reconciliation, desirable
- 2+ years of experience with a company-wide manufacturing MRP software program, preferred
- APICS or ISM certification or coursework, preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to effectively work with both internal and external customers, suppliers, etc. and with all levels within Unirac
- Must possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative and an ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively prioritize, problem-solve, and follow-through on assignments and projects
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Management, Accounting/Math OR equivalent experience
This is an office environment position with frequent sitting and computer work. Frequent interfacing with shop team members is expected where safety glasses and hearing protection may be required. This role may require occasional travel, up to 5% travel.
Director of Supply Chain
This position is responsible for supporting our sales activities in the field. This includes pre-sale demonstration and post-sale training of Unirac products and product tools (e.g., U-Builder). The position will also support maintaining and developing customer relationships through frequent customer calls as needed. This role receives feedback from customers, gathers competitor intelligence information and disseminates information to appropriate internal parties. The Installer Sales Specialist will coordinate resources and materials for training, will train other sales personnel, as well as coordinate and plan schedules for upcoming events.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties:
• Plan, prepare and execute product orientation trainings for all Unirac products often including at installation sites
• Plan, prepare and execute on other trainings as needed
• Plan, prepare and execute field trials with existing and potential customers
• Perform field support for new products including development and implementation of quality launch/installation training plan
• Identify, formulate, and disseminate best practices of using Unirac products
• Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers at all levels in coordination with the Strategic Account Manager and Regional Sales Director
• Support the organization, planning and construction associated with regional Unirac events
• Perform field investigations including travel to installation sites
• Identify, formulate and disseminate best practices of using Unirac products
• Provide feedback for Product Development, Engineering Services, Sales and any other team that can benefit for information gathered by this position in carrying above duties
Experience / Skill Requirements:
• Knowledge of Unirac products and competitor products
• Understanding of mechanical installation concepts, practices and procedures
• Ability to work on both roof and ground mount systems
• Capable of transferring knowledge and training others
• Basic construction knowledge, building application and installation
• Familiarity with OSHA 10 construction
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Microsoft PowerPoint and presentation skills in large groups
• Must be able to read, interpret, translate, explain technical processes or procedures or concepts
• Ability to utilize U Builder along with other outside design tools for customer engagement
• Capability of utilizing Sales Force for customer sales and logging training
• High school diploma or GED
• NABCEP installer certification
• Travel is a critical component of this job. The travel requirements for this position are greater than 50% of the time
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- This position works mostly with installers and customers in the field and oftentimes on a roof with customers. This position also works from a home office. This position spends time in the office, on a roof, and on the road.
- In this position, the person should have the ability to walk, climb and lift 90 pounds. Ability to climb ladders, work on roofs with up to 45-degree pitch and up to 60+ feet.
Regional Sales DirectorContact Us
Unirac, Inc. is looking to fill one Applications Engineer position to be based out of its office located at 1411 Broadway Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102. The focus of position will be to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop products for the solar energy industry that exceed our customer requirements with a strong focus on cost-control, manufacturability, and innovation.
Applications Engineers apply principles of civil and mechanical engineering to design and develop systems to provide photovoltaic mounting solutions to Unirac’s customers, utilizing state of the art tools and physical testing methods. These mounting systems must be developed in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local building codes as well as applicable civil engineering principles. The specific job duties include: design and develop systems to provide photovoltaic mounting solutions to Unirac’s customers; research PV mounting options utilizing Unirac products and provide designs, quotes, and support for these solutions; collect and report information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment to support the development of new PV mounting solutions; coordinate with external third-party engineers to generate final designs and certified permit documents; act as technical liaison to the sales team; interact closely with customers to provide consulting as well as technical support on Unirac’s products; provide product application training to customers and colleagues through phone, webinars, and onsite visits; perform a variety of engineering assignments under the direction of a supervisor with increasing responsibility based on performance; and interface with multiple engineering disciplines, project management, system owners, vendors, and contractors via phone, email, and live meetings.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree (foreign equivalent accepted) in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, structural engineering, or a related field plus 2 years’ experience in structural engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field. Experience must include the following:
• 2 years’ experience in structural or mechanical engineering field.
• 1 year experience designing or installing products with a wide degree or creativity.
• 1 year experience creating advanced Excel spreadsheets.
• 1 year experience with direct customer outreach, support, and applications engineering.
• 1 year experience with customer proposal submissions.
• 1 year experience creating project engineering drawings using AutoCAD or other similar CAD software.
• May require travel normal to the occupation up to 10% of the time, dependent upon customer requirements.
Submit your resume to Zayra Trujillo, Unirac, Inc., 1411 Broadway Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102.Contact Us