Unirac is a national leader in the solar PV structural mounting industry. We enable our customers to power the world with clean, abundant energy by creating dependable, innovative mounting solutions.
The Engineering Manager supports the Products team (Reporting to the Director of Product Development) and manages the day to day activities of the Product Development Engineers (on-site, remote, and offshore). The job involves the effective assignment, allocation, and deployment of PD resources against a robust product roadmap in a rapidly evolving industry. The Engineering Manager will act as a player-coach – working on projects and acting as an expert technical resource to the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign and delegate tasks and coordinate project assignments to on-site, remote, and offshore engineers
- Gauge and advance progress of numerous projects and help remove and overcome barriers to progress
- Assess resource requirements and deploy existing resources against various priorities
- Communicate effectively with direct reports, internal stakeholders, and customers
- Participate as a team member and team lead in product development projects
- Solve and provide technical guidance on engineering topics
- Train new employees
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Working proficiency in new product development processes preferred
- Proficiency in CAD and 3-D modeling preferred
- Analytical and math skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate with many other teams
- MBA or Master’s in engineering preferred
- Interpersonal skills to manage a team on engineers
- Ability to give constructive criticism
- Effective decision-making skills
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-timeContact Us
This role will work closely with the sales and marketing team to build a funnel of qualified opportunities. In this role, you will work with customers, both internal and external, to gain new business and maintain existing business.
This role is not a supervisory position.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Identify and coordinate customer engagements with outside sales team
- Maintain a standard work schedule around prospecting, cultivating and discovering new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Train new and existing accounts on Unirac products, tools and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales role
- Ability to convey technical systems (i.e. the installation of Unirac products)
- Must have knowledge of sales techniques, methods and practices
- Ability to implement and follow through with sales strategies
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented and a team player
- Strong customer service and communication skills (phone, written, verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as usage of CRM systems such as Salesforce and ERP systems such as Global Shop (preferred)
- Associate degree
- Occasional travel possible
- High-Speed Internet is Required
Job Type: Full-timeContact Us
Unirac is a national leader in the solar PV structural mounting industry. You will work with one of the best solar engineering teams in the country. You will have an opportunity to work on projects throughout North America - coordinating with customers of all sizes, jurisdictions, and 3rd party engineering firms. This position is a critical role in helping our customers successfully executes their solar projects. This position is based in Boulder/Denver, full time, exempt, and offers a competitive benefits package.
- Applies structural design principles to designs mounting solutions for Unirac’s customers
- Coordinates with external third-party engineers to generate final designs and certified permit documents
- Acts as technical liaison to the sales team
- Create and maintain engineering methodologies and tools for engineering designs
- Apply building code, and custom wind study report methods, equations, and rules to engineering designs and tools
- Position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of complex tasks
- Position may lead and direct the work of junior team members and extended engineering resources
- A wide degree of creativity is expected, and latitude provided
- Interacts closely with customers to provide consulting as well as technical support on Unirac’s products
- May work with product dev. team to create and/or maintain internal and customer interactive quoting tools
- Provides product application training to customers and colleagues through phone, webinars and onsite visits
- Willing to travel (as required, 10% of time max.)
- Serve as a mentor and help improve the knowledge and skills of other Applications Engineers.
- Assist product development team with development/implementation of new products and their application to projects.
- 3 Years of experience required in structural engineering field
- 5+ years preferred
- Extensive knowledge of building code (ASCE 7, IBC, UL)
- Have experience designing or installing with a wide degree of creativity
- Experience with software tools
- Required: Excel (high proficiency), AutoCAD
- Preferred: STAAD, Inventor/SolidWorks Experience designing cold formed and hot rolled steel, aluminum, and concrete structures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with programming Visual Basic or structural engineering software (modeling) packages a plus
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (Structural)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
No special physical requirements or working conditions necessary
Director of Customer Solutions
Job Type: Full-timeContact Us
The Project Coordinator supports the Products team and oversees a variety of project-based tasks in a fast-paced environment. The job will involve interaction with cross-departmental team members to define and detail project plans, facilitate weekly project meetings, communicate action items and milestones, and follow-up to ensure progress and timely delivery. The role will also track and report team key performance indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will assist the product manager and other team members to assure all project deliverables and other work is produced on time.
- The PC will also support project team meetings, facilitating project status, and action item tracking portions of the meeting.
- Helps resolve problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work
- Maintains team focus on upcoming milestones and deliverables
- Effectively challenges team members and drives accountability to deliverables
- The PC will assist the leadership team in understanding the overall project funnel, assessing resource and timeline bottlenecks and constraints
- Works closely with internal departments
- Experience in office management or other similar role is preferred
- Highly Organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience handling multiple projects at once
- Fully proficient in use of office automation software including MS-Office
- Candidate needs to easily adapt to change in a fast pace environment
- Ability to be able to multi-task and has strong organizational skills
Under limited direction, facilitate the successful day-to-day operations of Manufacturing, Packaging/Shipping, and support the organization through the management of material flow and purchasing activities. Proactively manage suppliers to prevent operational disruptions.
- Analyze supplier release schedules and provide documentation and direction for shipment, including shipment dates and scheduling requirements to suppliers. Utilize MRP (Material Requirements Planning) to trigger supplier releases
- Proactively assess supplier Kanban/inventory levels and monitor backorders. Communicate with suppliers to resolve issues. Escalate to Purchasing Manager as required – before supply disruptions negatively impact Unirac operations or customer due dates
- Review purchase requisitions and place orders with approved suppliers. Prepare purchase orders, change order forms and documents
- Continuously review reports and MRP to anticipate delays in meeting the schedule, and coordinate with appropriate support groups to put in place a recovery plan if necessary
- Manage both working capital and financial risk by maximizing inventory turns and minimizing Unirac exposure to excess and obsolete materials
- Develop spreadsheets, charts and reports pertaining to requirements, inventories, and/or schedule performance
- Maintain accurate and up to date MRP data. Troubleshoot and initiate corrective actions required to resolve discrepancies in paperwork or system information to maintain accurate inventory data and functioning Kanban loops
- Support cycle count root cause analysis, assist with the reconciliation of variances, and support corrective action development and implementation
- Negotiate and settle with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments, cancellations, and engineering changes. Coordinate with Finance/Accounting to resolve invoice and payment issues
- Participate in the supplier certification process by supporting supplier performance evaluations through evaluating and rating production capability, performance, and delivery. Identify, coordinate and support performance (quality, delivery, and cost) efficiency improvements. Travel to supplier sites to conduct site visits when necessary. Support supplier audits in support of the supplier selection process
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with supply base to ensure goals and objectives are met
- 5+ years of experience in buying, production planning/scheduling, accounting support, or inventory control/reconciliation, desirable
- 2+ years of experience with a company-wide manufacturing MRP software program, preferred
- APICS or ISM certification or coursework, preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to effectively work with both internal and external customers, suppliers, etc. and with all levels within Unirac
- Must possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative and an ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively prioritize, problem-solve, and follow-through on assignments and projects
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Management, Accounting/Math OR equivalent experience
This is an office environment position with frequent sitting and computer work. Frequent interfacing with shop team members is expected where safety glasses and hearing protection may be required. This role may require occasional travel, up to 5% travel.
Director of Supply Chain