After my first installation using Unirac’s SolarMount-I solution, I was sold. It installs almost 80% faster than the systems I’d worked with before, which saves us a significant amount of time, effort and money.
Performance Engineered Solutions for the Commercial Market
Unirac’s innovative solar racking solutions are #1 in North America.
Forward-thinking commercial enterprises, including — Google, Universal Studios, BJ’s Wholesale, Colorado State University, and the Mineta San Jose International Airport — have selected Unirac to custom engineer solutions that tackle some of PV’s greatest challenges.
- Minimize risks through greater attention to detail from experience project managers
- Lower the total cost of owning and maintaining installations with higher-quality products
- Benefit from a true partnership that provides support from project pre-planning through final installation
- Reduce labor costs for installations with smart structure designs
- Save time and hassles with “one-stop shopping” with comprehensive solar infrastructure solutions
As the solar energy market continues to expand nationwide, Unirac will continue to broaden our alliances with like-minded commercial partners. By choosing Unirac, you are taking advantage of a depth of technical expertise and quality that will continue to be at the vanguard of the industry.
Value Before, During and After Installation
To budget for the real costs involved in solar installations, companies are now looking at TCO, which has three facets: material, labor, and risk. Here’s the breakdown:
- Cost of materials. Unirac reduces cost of infrastructure materials though process innovations and efficient structural design using correct engineering standards.
- Cost of installation labor. Unirac reduces the cost of labor with great functional design, better project-level installation processes and solar installation training courses for non-specialized labor.
- Associated risk or replacement costs. Unirac reduces risk and potential replacement costs by engineering its solutions to deliver long-term system performance. Since replacement costs typically run three times the original cost of an installation, the longer the useful life of the infrastructure, the lower the TCO.
In short, Unirac’s commercial racking solutions have been designed and engineered to provide one of the lowest TCO in the industry.
The Best Performance in a Supporting Role
Our goal is simple: Consistently deliver solutions and services correctly, efficiently and on time to exceed our customers’ expectations across the board.
Unirac’s best resource is our people. Unirac has experienced team members devoted to design and code compliance, as well as one of the industry’s largest team of licensed PEs, drafters and designers to help with custom plans and project permitting. Unirac conducts on-site visits to major installations to both share our expertise and learn from the people who count on us the most, our customers.
Unirac continually innovates its products as well as its processes, ensuring all its customers get the best possible experience. Central to this commitment is Unirac’s rigorous performance engineering methodologies and extensive testing for component strength and capacity. Unirac also puts Lean-Sigma principles into practice and achieves on-time delivery for more than 99% of all Unirac-committed ship dates. These principles, and more, are why clients know they can rely on Unirac to deliver the highest-performing materials on time every time.
Superior Products Built to Stand the Test of Time
Modules and inverters are meant for sunny days, but structures are built for the dark side of Mother Nature. Your PV installations may perform well when the sun is out, but how will they hold up under severe weather, environmental or seismic conditions? Unirac’s quality is the result of rigorous testing that far exceeds industry standards.
EPC contractors, system integrators and installers have some of the greatest testing demands in the industry. To begin, Unirac ensures all of our products and solutions comply with all required codes including:
IBC, IRC, ASCE 7-05, ADM, AISI, AISC, NEC, UL
Unirac runs in-depth engineering, testing, and analysis reports. We also employ third-party analysis and testing for validation. Unirac has achieved International Organization for Standardization ISO 9001:2008 certification for its quality management system.
While others in the industry rely on sandbags to test their system, we utilize our own “Unirac Lab,” featuring an on-site wind tunnel, which allows us to expedite testing during product development and refinement stages. But Unirac’s stringent testing doesn’t stop there. We perform extensive component strength and capacity testing as well. As a result, the permitting process on installations goes much quicker. Simply put, Unirac pays attention to even the minutest details so you don’t have to.
We found Unirac’s PV mounting system both flexible and fast to install at Mineta San Jose International Airport. Our experience proved to us that Unirac has all the right resources and technical expertise to support large commercial and utility-scale projects.
Don Dixon, Project Manager, Rosendin
Superior Performance, Support, Products, Value and Results.
Unirac. Bright Thinking in Solar.